Kahlen Rondot was born in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma to Tom and Keven Rondot. She has 2 sisters named Tara and Tori Rondot.
America's Next Top Model=
Prior to ANTM Cycle 4, she has never seen an episode of the show (America's Next Top Model). Kahlen was working as a maitre d' at a five-star restaurant when she was spotted by the show's producers and creator Tyra Banks and asked to audition for America's Next Top Model.
Kahlen was a shy girl among the 14 America's Next Top Model contestants, admitting that she never considered herself beautiful, implying that she might not make it till the end. But during Kahlen's first photoshoot, she immediately impressed the judges with her high-fashion look.
All throughout the America's Next Top Model show though, Kahlen showed a lack of confidence through various tasks and even during photoshoots. But overall, she proved to be a rather strong contender during the show.
Nigel Barker has high praise for Kahlen, "You are a chameleon. You have the ability to turn into anything and everything. It's not sexy, but it's very cool." and Janice Dickinson would compare Kahlen's walk to those of the models in John Galliano's fashion shows.
She said that her least favorite shoots were the wonderbra shoot and the African party shoot. Her favorites were the first shoot which was the Alien shoot, the Zodiac shoot and the African animal shoot.
After it was announced that Naima Mora won the competition, Kahlen admitted that it was quite a surprise because she felt that she was very strong with her photography and she was solid on the runway. But at the same time, Naima was very driven and passionate and she wouldn't have wanted it to go to anyone else.
After Top Model
Since the end of America's Next Top Model, Kahlen has continued to model. She moved to New York City to pursue a modeling career.
Her editorial work has been featured in ElleGirl Magazine, US Weekly Magazine, Vice Magazine, and Shumaq clothing. She also was featured in a commercial for FORD Fusion, recorded during her participation in Top Model.
Kahlen's post-Top Model career has included runway shows for ElleGirl presents Dare To Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Models in 2005, and Alice and Olivia's Fall 2006. While seeking modeling work she is employed as a bartender in New York City.
On an episode of The Tyra Banks Show, Kahlen revealed that she was raped by her friends when she got drunk at a party, and the act was recorded by the perpetrators on their mobile phones.
Kahlen had never had a boyfriend when she entered America's Next Top Model
- Rondot honed her runway walk by watching videotapes of Victoria's Secret fashion shows.
- She is an animal rights proponent and vegetarian.
- Kahlen has a cat named Tadpole
- Kahlen is best friends with ANTM Cycle 4's Rebecca Epley
- Kahlen's favorite book is "An Unquiet Mind" by Kay Redfield Jamison
- Kahlen was Simon Doonan's pick for the winner of cycle four of America's Next Top Model.
- Kahlen is the first of America's Next Top Model contestant whose loved one died while filming. A close childhood friend of hers passed away suddenly, prompting her into total shock and sorrow. Ironically, the next photoshoot was of the models portraying the seven deadly sins. In a graveyard. All the judges, however, voted her in first [the week where Tatiana was eliminated] and praised her for being strong and producing tremendous shots.